Thursday 16 February 2012

The Kentish Killer Preview

This weekend sees my on the bike and outside for the first time in 2012.  Come 09:00 on Sunday I’ll be rolling out of the Brands Hatch Motor Race circuit – ahead of me will be a 112kms with a little over 2kms of climbing which in truth, I’m slightly daunted by.

The so called Kentish Killer is traditionally the curtain opener for the UK sportive team.  I’ve not ridden it before although it comes highly recommended from those who have and from aspects of the cycling media.  The ride’s profile is certainly interesting with sections that must be in the region of a 10% - 15% incline.  Naturally this type of climb has nothing in common with those of La Marmotte although they’re certain to test the legs.

Above: Kentish Killer Profile
I’m hoping to finish in 4 to 4 ½ hours although of course that assumes no flats, good weather conditions and friendly car drivers.  The latter two of course can never be taken for granted.

Full write up to follow early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment