Sunday 5 February 2012

Testing testing testing....

With a new job, a poorly newly one year old and lots of other things besides, I’ve been rather quiet on the blogging front. 
 
All told, things are going well from a training perspective.  I’ve been able to get the km’s and hours under the belt which has meant switching my weekday sessions to a pre work and pre breakfast time frame.  So far this hasn’t proved to be too taxing just as long as I remember to eat something before getting onto the rollers.  If I forget I tend to get dizzy about half an hour into the ride and all but fall out of the saddle. Not pretty.
 
Anyway… Yesterday I took the opportunity undergo my first FTP test session of the year.  I’ve not tested myself since October of last year and while I’ve not really been training to kick it upwards, I felt it time to see how things are going. 
 
Somewhat interestingly my FTP has gone up to 298 watts (using standard 20min extrapolation method of 20 min max minus 5%) which gives me a 4.32 Watts per KG ratio which I suppose isn’t altogether that bad.
 
Now to improve on it……..

No comments:

Post a Comment