Friday 27 April 2012

Wiggle Ups & Downs Sportive 2012 Likely to be Shortened....

With the weather this weekend looking mightily hideous (massive amounts of rain, hail, sleet and a bitter wind), there's a very good chance I'll give the event a miss.

Of course I can hear the calls at the back of the room telling me to get my ass out on the road, that the conditions might be like that on the day of La Marmotte and that all in all, I'm being a big girl about the whole thing.

Well perhaps. 

In my defence it seems highly likely the event will be shortened down to a 75 miler rather than the century.  As the good people of wiggle put it:

Thank-you for entering the Wiggle Ups & Downs Sportive. Current weather reports indicate conditions will be very poor with heavy rain & wind expected.

For your safety, it's more than likely that the Epic 100 Mile course will be shortened to Standard 70 Mile course.

In this case, I feel excused to sit for 6 or so hours on the turbo with my TV for company.

No comments:

Post a Comment