Sunday 6 November 2011

Cyclefilm's La Marmotte DVD

Awoke to the first reasonably chilly morning of the impending winter and rather sheepishly I made the decision to forgo a ride in the frost to one on the rollers in front of the TV.   Aside from the inclement whether th either thing keeping me indoors today was the morning post which with it brought the CycleFim's Marmotte reconnasance DVD.
Above: Cyclefilm's La Marmotte DVD cover
I've written about some of Cycleflim's work in the past so knew what to expect from the off and as before, this DVD doesn't disappoint.  

As before the DVD offers informative in ride commentary from the as ever magnificantly sprightly Mike Cotty who the most part manages to find the delicate balance between joviality and seriousness without slipping towards the patronising.   

Through Mike we see all the climbs, descents, food stops and even the odd bit of flat road which all create a sense of context to the event.  No doubt I'll be returning to this DVD many times over the forthcoming weeks and months as its something that can be enjoyed again and again.  

If I had one minor gripe it would be the choice of back ground music in some of the scenes which on occasion is a little repetitive for my humble tastes but of course, thats only me.  Others my love watching Mike climb the Galibier to the sound of what I can only describe as a 2 bar loop featuring (perhaps) a kazoo.... 

In summary - riding La Marmotte or perhaps simply riding over the hills this covers?  Then perhaps this DVD should be on your Xmas shopping list.

1 comment: