Thursday 5 January 2012

Two Hours of Nowhere

While my part of the UK remains relatively untouched by the recent storms that have battered much of the country, it's still been a little too breezy for me to venture further on the bike than my front room.

I've written before on why I quite enjoy riding a turbo so I'm not planning on spending any more time looking to justify an activity that many people would rather see removed from the field of human invention.

In any case, todays session was a simple 1 hour ride at tempo with 2 intervals of 10 mins at FTP late in the session.  For the most part everything went well until the second of the FTP efforts when the fact that I'd not consumed any food in the past hour and a half caught up with me.

I'll call it a mini bonk although it was big enough so to speak for me to bail out of the last internal after 7 mins.  Despite, or in spite of this little mishap, I really enjoyed todays ride.

Of course, come July I'll be needing to ride this sort of tempo pace for over 2 hours so clearly, there's still much to be done.

WKO+ analysis of todays session

No comments:

Post a Comment