Friday 30 September 2011

Winter bike get ready!

With the posh camping booked and the EuroStar tickets presumably on their way it's perhaps time to think about getting together some kind of training plan. I'll hold off on that thought for another day as it seems prudent, or perhaps a delaying tactic, to get my winter bike the once over.

I'm a reasonable mechanic around the bike. While I've all the tools and the relative know how to strip, clean and reassemble all of the constitute parts, I like to let the professionals give my bike(s) a once a year through going over.


Above: Canyon Ultimate AL

Earlier in the week I took my winter and all round training bike, a Canyon Ultimate AL, into the good people at Banjo Cycles for its annual overhaul. One "Gold Service" later and she's running smoother and quieter than ever having had the bottom bracket tightened and a few wheel bearings replaced.

With an almost new feeling bike there's really no excuse not to start training with a plan in place to start in the first week in October. More of that later in the next week or so.

For now it's time to get outside and enjoy the 28 degree sun and perhaps have a beer - no doubt one of the last until the 7th of July 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment