Thursday 15 December 2011

Xmas wind down

It's been a couple of weeks since my last entry.  Work, travel and a dose of the winter vomiting virus have all conspired against putting fingers to keyboard as it were.  That said, as we move towards the Xmas holiday period things seem to be very much on the wind down.
 
For me the past few weeks, apart from a day or two in bed with the aforementioned bug, have been quite productive on the training front.  Naturally I'm still looking to build the base of the engine although I've also been adding more and more tempo and threshold (ie 2 x 20mins at 80% - 90% of FTP) workouts.  While these sessions aren't particularly pleasant they are invaluable in getting the body ready for the demands of the Alpine ramps come July.
 
Again, as we move towards Xmas this is traditionally the time where I spend a few hours planning my sporting events for the forthcoming year.  For 2012 I'll no doubt be riding a few of the larger UK sportives such as the Magnificat or perhaps the Dragon Ride.  I'll hopefully make a trip out to Italy, Spain or France to get some practice in on longer climbs and descents, something I'm not really able to do here in the UK. 
 
More of that to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment