Wednesday 23 May 2012

Sunscreen Anyone?

After the grey skies and rain of the weekend just past, what a difference a few days make?

Yesterday and today I hit the road in short sleeves!  No arm or leg warmers and no rain mac in the back pocket either.  Flipping brilliant!

Todays ride was a simple out and back for 90 mins at a brisk pace within my top end endurance and low end tempo zones or roughly 250 watts. 

Up at 5am and out the door half an hour later onto almost empty back roads around Newbury, Yattendon and a few other places within the Berkshire countryside.  Today everything on the ride just clicked. 

My legs felt strong with smooth pedal stroke pushing over the barrel at the top and wiping the mud off the shoes at the bottom.

Even the early rising car drivers were on form this morning with nobody cutting me up or trying to stick me into a hedge.

In the words of the warrior poet Mr Ice Cube ..... today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment