Thursday 10 May 2012

TIme To Rest Up

Note: This is a follow up post to one from earlier in the week that discussed a somewhat hard training session that took me deep into the red.

A coach once told me something I’ve never forgotten - "If you’re still feeling a training session in the legs after 48 hours, then your either doing something wrong or doing too much."

In my case, I suspect it’s the latter. 

The session from last Sunday has really taken it out of me.  My legs are still sore and I’m struggling to produce enough power to stay within a tempo session for more than 20 mins Clearly there is something not quite right going on so I’ve decided, against my normal judgement, to take two complete days off the bike.

When I should be training, I’m going to have my feet up and my nose in a good book.  Hopefully this should help recharge the batteries and let me be fit(ish) for the weekend long rides. 

I know this years La Marmotte is only a bike ride and yet for me it's a whole lot more and something I've worked really hard at for more than half a year.  With only 8 and a bit weeks to go I cant really afford to take any risks.

No comments:

Post a Comment