Friday 25 May 2012

A Weekend Trip to Bournemouth

Sunshine.  Dusk to dawn wall to wall flipping beautiful sunshine.

Perhaps it’s only me but I’m quite certain the mood in the office has certainly lifted over the past few days with plenty of smiles and perhaps even a hint of laughter wafting over the PC monitors.

This weekend sees me head down to the British Sea Side town of  Bournemouth for one of the Wiggle Super Series Sportive events.   I’m looking forward to it.  The weather looks warmish and the route is shaping up to give my legs a nice workout.  Nothing too strenuous but long enough to help build upon the work I’ve been doing over these past few months.


I had planned to ride a few more of these type of events although for the most part I’ve opted to ride the longer distances within a small group or by on my lonesome. 

While I enjoy sportive riding I’ll be honest and admit there’s a safety element that does concern me.  I’m not too bothered with other cyclists antics (although sometimes the standard of riding can be a little questionable) I do get concerned with the heady mix of 750+ cyclists and what this sometimes does to the odd car driver…..

I’ll report back over the weekend.  Safe riding everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment