Sunday 18 March 2012

A week off, sunshine and sun burn.....

Holidays are more than coming

You find me once more in the Channel Island of Guernsey, a small little island in the English Channel, the place of my birth and where my parents remain.

For a short break with a toddler, the island is very much a safe and easy bet from a travel perspective with only a 25 min flight out of Southampton which means we can be settled at my parents with a nice cuppa  under 2 hours.

Now that's a proper bike

Unlike my last trip to the island towards the back end of last year, I've opted to leave my bike(s) at home and instead make use of my Dad's trusty Marin San Anselmo.


Above: Profile shot of the Marin Anselmo
Above: View number 2 of the Anselmo
Ok, so the riding position is more Raleigh Chopper than perhaps I'm used to but for the most part it makes for a smooth ride that once up and running easily keeps it's speed - 30 kms per hour is no trouble for this elder statesman of a bike.

Should have used some sun screen

Well yes, today was rather sunny and after 3 hours of pottering around the island from 11am to soon after 2pm I should really have known better.....


Above: Early season helmet shaped sun burn
I'm hoping that silly tan line fades fast.  Real fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment